Superintendents to Watch
We are proud to announce a new round of Superintendents to Watch, a program designed to recognize superintendents using communication technology in innovative and effective ways! This program is presented in partnership with West (SchoolMessenger solutions).
This program seeks to recognize up to 25 superintendents using dynamic, fast-paced leadership with strong communication at its core. The leaders we are looking for engage and inform their school communities with new communication technology tools combined with tried-and-true techniques. We will feature these top administrators as communication leaders through the Superintendents to Watch program.
Our goal is to identify and recognize superintendents who understand that effective communication leads to school and student success. We are especially looking for superintendents who use new communication technology to expand two-way communication and outreach efforts.
- Fewer than five years' cumulative superintendent experience, at the time of nomination;
- Has implemented a communication program for the district that includes the use of new communication technology as well as more standard communication tools;
- Has integrated communication goals and strategies into the district’s strategic plan;
- Is actively and visibly involved in the communication effort (i.e., has a Twitter account, blog, or interactive webpage; participates in face-to-face engagement activities; is responsive to media requests; models good communication for staff; etc.);
- Does not have to be an NSPRA member; and
- Does not have to be a West (SchoolMessenger solutions) customer.
Recognition and Awards: Selected superintendents will receive a recognition award and an individual profile highlight in one of NSPRA’s e-newsletters. They will also be invited to attend the 2018 NSPRA Seminar in Anaheim for one half off of the registration fee, at the time of registration.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017. You can access a list of the nomination questions here. You will be asked to provide two letters of reference and samples of your communication efforts electronically. Nominate your superintendent today!
For more information, contact Beth Pernerewski, CMP, manager of Seminar, partnerships and programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-519-1230.
The Superintendents to Watch program is sponsored by West (SchoolMessenger solutions). SchoolMessenger, part of West Corporation, is the trusted provider of K-12 communications solutions. Thousands of school districts, charter schools, private schools, and other educational institutions in all 50 U.S. states and Canada depend on SchoolMessenger products and services. From notifications and websites to custom mobile apps and social media, school leaders have relied on the SchoolMessenger platform since 1999 to engage with their communities in multiple languages and on any device. To learn more, visit www.schoolmessenger.com or call 888-527-5225.