Special Tuesday Track and One-Day Rate for School Principals
Effective building-level communication is more critical than ever with the explosion of social media and diminished central office support due to budget cuts. We are committed to helping principals improve their communication skills, and with that in mind we are offering a special day rate and some targeted sessions on Tuesday, July 10, to meet their needs. For a one-day registration fee of $199, principals can take advantage of the wealth of national resources and expertise available at the NSPRA Seminar.
Principal registrants for the one-day track will have access to the full array of Tuesday’s program offerings (more than 20 sessions), including keynoter Dr. C.J. Huff, superintendent of Joplin (Mo.) Schools who will share the inspirational story of how his district and community are recovering from last year's devastating tornado and how strong relationships and a solid communication program were critical to supporting families in the immediate aftermath. Some sessions of interest to principals include:
- School Branding and Logo Development. Learn the process and guidelines for developing great logos for schools and how to engage stakeholders in discussions to graphically define who you are, what you do and why you stand out.
- Best Practices for School Website Management. Learn step-by-step processes for effective website management, including content development, public relations strategies, and how to turn your school's website into an effective communication tool.
- Great Communicators Media Training. In this Action Lab (2-hour interactive workshop) you will focus on the types of education content questions school administrators are asked and how to make your message "sound bite" friendly. Presentation skills will be discussed and mock interviews will be conducted.
- Student Blogging for School Pride and High School Credit. Find out how one district has successfully engaged its students in the communications department as part of their public relations plan and for Language Arts credit.
- Engaging Strategically with Multilingual and Diverse Communities. Learn how to move beyond simple translation to truly engage multilingual audiences and to identify tools and techniques for facilitating meaningful communication with diverse communities.
- We're From the Government and We're Here to Help...Really! Learn how federal, state and school district-level school communicators can work together to help students to succeed. U.S. Department of Education and Illinois State Board of Education representatives will share best practices and challenges and answer your questions.
Along with these on-target sessions, you can choose from more than a dozen sessions on best practices in school communication. This special one-day program offers outstanding value for only $199 and you’ll come away with tips, tools and program ideas to get your year off to an exciting start. Day guest parking rates are available at the Chicago Marriott Downtown as well as at nearby lots. For details, click here.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity. Mail or fax your completed registration form or register online.